Stats for this track
In 6 Sets
- 29 Tracks, 42.39.40
- 14 Tracks, 16.05.40
- 1 Track, 1.00.42
- 372 Tracks, 518.52.21
- 3 Tracks, 3.07.11
Rødhåd - Addicted Podcast #4
Those of you who are aware of what’s going on in Berlin, should have definitely heard the name DYSTOPIAN. One of the most prolific techno events of Germany’s capital has drawn attention not only locally, but also internationally. With the attitude similar to ours (and, obviously, far more successful in that respect), guys behind this event have managed to host the majority of key people in purist techno music. And that is reasonable enough for us to proudly present to you a mix from the DYSTOPIAN protagonist and brilliant DJ – Rødhåd. This podcast is actually a cut from his recent set at one special party in Berlin, so a certain live feeling is definitely there. Enjoy!
- You are known to run a Berlin-based party called Dystopian. Please let us know about the roots of the concept: why dystopian elements draw your attention in the first place and how do they interfere with the music you are associated with?
- Hello, nice to meet you finally! My DJ name is Rødhåd and I am part of the DYSTOPIAN collective here in Berlin. We are a closer circle of nameless people thinking more melancholic, raw and darker. The whole artwork, the DJs we book and the philosophy of ours is the statement of several dystopian styles. But in the end, we also have a lot of fun to be part of the techno scene and enjoy it a lot. Or, to quote ourselves: «A technological society, a mechanist present, an industrial era... long and dark nights, warehouses, cogeneration plants, noise. Which kind of music matches the rhythm of Western civilization better than techno music?! Created by electronic machines, computers, turntables…»
- As far as I know, there is no strict policy on how often Dystopian events should take place. How many parties a year you usually make?
- This totally depends on the mood, the line-ups and the possibilities. But it’s nice to have no pressure, also from my partners I do the parties with. We are just doing what we want. But it’s really nice to welcome, without pressure, guests like Sandwell District, Pär Grindvik, Sigha, Redshape, Shifted, Savas Pascalidis, Alex.Do, Kyle Geiger, Pfirter, Regis, Don Williams, Roman Lindau, Abdulla Rashim and many more.
- We have heard about your idea to start a music label of the same name, Dystopian. Is this still part of your plan? Can you shed some light on your studio work and possible ‘success’ related to it?
- Last years I have worked hard in the studio and tried a lot of stuff. Got some great help from related artists and friends. Now finally there are some tracks in the pipeline. You can hear them from time to time in my sets, too. Very exited about my upcoming releases, as well. Hopefully DYSTOPIAN 001 hits the people before Summer !
- Please describe your Addicted podcast and tell us where and when it was recorded. I reckon this is a cut from a ‘special occasion’ set of yours, am I right?
- I wanted to show you a typical Rødhåd, so I decided to take a cut of a set I did last year. It was in a special place in a special time and I think the mix really shows a good vibe of a dark night!
01 - Ben Gibson - Implex (Samuli Kemppi Remix) [M_Rec]
02 - Jeff Mills - Condor To Mallorca [Axis]
03 - Jonas Kopp – Nibirus [Enemy]
04 - Unknown
05 - Unbalance – Unbalance#1 A-side [Unbalance]
06 - Unknown
07 - S-PX - X-5684 [Time To Express]
08 - DJ Rush (ID)
09 - Justin Berkovi - Somewhere Within [Djax-Up-Beats]
10 - Peter Van Hoesen - Last One At 1080 [Ann Aimee]
11 - Bizz O.D. – Jack [Force Inc.]
12 - Levon Vincent - Solemn Days [Deconstruct]
13 - Unknown - Beee01
14 - Counterpart – PR [M_Rec]
15 - Devilfish - Man Alive [Bush]