Stats for this track
In 3 Sets
- 27 Tracks, 6.56.36
Ed Davenport vs Inland – Addicted Podcast #12
We’ve been trying to get a mix from Ed for our podcast series for quite a while, but now we are finally able to say for sure: it’s here and it’s good to say the least. This mix in particular is a proper showcase of how Ed manages having house and techno complement each other within one-hour-long piece of music, since it’s a sham b2b set of Ed himself and his techno-orientated alter ego Inland. Bon appetit!
- Not so long ago you released a record entitled ‘Inland’, and now you’re adapting the same name as your artist moniker. Tell us about the reason(s) that lead you to this step. Did that particular record play a special role in this process?
- Inland is my new techno persona. I wanted to try to separate the 'Ed Davenport' material from this Inland EP, as the title track is really quite different in style. Watch out for more news on Inland coming soon.
- It seemed to me that NRK as a label used to be the biggest platform for you as an artist, although you’ve already released records on numerous strong labels. Now that NRK has ceased to exist, what imprint do you consider your home label, if there is one?
- I continue to work with my Berlin home-label Falkplatz, run by Oliver Deutschmann. Alongside that I am preparing the first official releases on my own new label - 'Counterchange Recordings' which I'm really excited about.
- Word on the street is you are now preparing your first ever mixed CD release. Can you shed some light on this if possible?
- Plans are afoot for a mix CD on another Berlin label, Slim Audio, who are also behind the Slim Magazine that you can find for free around town. It will feature all new and unreleased tracks from me and several friends. Release date is tentatively planned for spring next year.
- Please describe your Addicted podcast in a few sentences. What is the idea behind the mix?
- I wanted to do a mix going from deeper, atmospheric house, into straight up techno. The sort of thing you can hear me doing over a long set of 4 or 5 hours perhaps. So I decided to put my Inland alias 'back to back' with my true self. Its a little schizophrenic, but hopefully enjoyable too!
1. Luke Hess - Redemption [FHXE]
2. Lo Shea - Always [Seaghdha]
3. Hans Berg - Machines (Ed Davenport Dub) [Fullbarr]
4. Deepchild - Riyadh (Adgeschoben Dub) [Thoughtless]
5. Hazylujah - Dream Logic [Delsin]
6. Och - Freeze Thaw [Autoreply]
7. Fonos & Agaric - Helix [Sorry For This]
8. Luke Hess - Restored [FHXE]
9. Tom Trago / Awanto 3 / Alfabet - Hell of Samba [Rush Hour]
10. Buck - Jrevenge [Out-Er]
11. J.T.C - The Controller [Minimal Rome]
12. Planetary Assault Systems - Twelve [Peacefrog]
13. Markus Suckut - Hunt [Figure]
14. 665 - M-A-E [EDEC]
15. Peja - White Peony [Hidden]
16. Perc - Pure Simple (Sawlin Remix) [Sleaze]
17. Quake - Condor [Coincidence]
18. Oscar Mulero - Rotation [POLE]
19. P.God - Neptune IV [Komisch]
20. Cassegrain - Serpent [CDR]
21. Dario Zenker - Filming Arroyo [Ilian Tape]
22. Marko Zenker - Anisa [Ilian Tape]