- 1. Abstraction - Moments of Silence - 01 5.06 369 plays
- 2. Abstraction - Moments of Silence - 02 7.34 257 plays
- 3. Abstraction - Moments of Silence - 03 8.18 208 plays
- 4. Abstraction - Moments of Silence - 04 7.50 165 plays
- 5. Abstraction - Moments of Silence - 05 6.36 101 plays
- 6. Abstraction - Moments of Silence - 06 7.05 204 plays
Once upon a time, there was a boy. This boy wasn't special in any particular way, but the world that surrounded him seemed different than those his age. Patterns would coalesce out of music for him, offering rich sepia textures or the vibrant void of a clear blue sky. Songs became elaborate and fantastical stories, meant to entertain the mind's eye as much as its ears.
One day, the boy found a way to create his own stories with the help of his computer. The days following were good: warm breathy pads and energizing blips and boops emanated from his bedroom for weeks while he explored a world that he could master through MIDI synthesis.
Slowly, the boy grew up. Colors and wonderment began to dull with adulthood, so silently that it was barely perceptible. However, the mind's eye was still a child, and the dazzling landscape still existed while enveloped in music. As the boy grew, so did his mastery of that world, and the tools used to manipulate it. But life isn't always kind, and the boy's life became busy with girls, houses and money. Desolate and gray, the world wilted, withered and finally went into hibernation.
Many years later, and no longer a boy, he stood in awe as his friends, his peers, wield sound as an omnipotent paintbrush. Sitting down at his computer, he dusted off the old doorway in his mind, and pushed it open.