- 1. Sharam // Get Wild (Designer Deejays Rmx) [FREE d/l inside] 7.34 396 plays
- 2. Ellie Goulding // Lights (Designer Deejays Remix) [FREE d/l inside] 7.46 719 plays
- 1. Sessions ByDesign - August 2012 52.39 538 plays
- 2. Sessions ByDesign // Sloane First Friday October 5th Edition 50.24 204 plays
- 3. Indian Summer Promo Mix 44.14 235 plays
- 4. 2012 33.47 146 plays
- 5. 1 AM 52.52 311 plays
- ByDesign Records SoundCloud
- Designer Deejays on itunes
- Designer Deejays on Beatport
- The DJ List
“Our records are ByDesign.”
It’s not that they believe they are the only producers making music "by design," but this is how the Designer Deejays would sum up their style. Dan Lopez (D.Lo) and Justin Karcich (JUST), collectively known as the Designer Deejays, never thought they would be DJing, producing, and founding their own dance record label (ByDesign Records) when they met as high school students in San Francisco. With D.Lo’s Cuban musical roots and JUST’s European influence, the two share a similar passion for worldly sounds. As forever-learning musicians, it’s no surprise that they catch themselves in the thick of the music industry.
Years before their days as writers and producers, the duo established themselves in their hometown of San Francisco by pursuing their passion: exposing the variety of crowds they played for to house/dance music. With DJ and EDM trends yet to fully catch on in America, their stylistic foresight sparked a lot of attention, which in turn earned them residencies around the nation. These experiences have brought them to where they are now: playing with acts such as Steve Angello, Steve Aoki, Pretty Lights, Lady Gaga, to name a few. The two are focused on developing their own sound - and getting people to dance, jump, and smile at their shows. 2012 started off fast, with many singles and remixes out, as well as their debut EP “Front 2 Back” release in June. Plenty more is on the way from the duo, both together and as solo artists, along with some highly anticipated collaborations. Be sure to keep up with them through social media and their Beatport artist page!