- 1. Matthew Charles - Seconds Out (96 Kbps) 7.44 199 plays
- 2. Matthew Charles - I've Got Love For You (96Kbps) 7.11 277 plays
- 3. Matthew Charles - Wanna Go Higher (96Kbps) 8.00 150 plays
- 4. Matthew Charles - Out The Door (96Kbps) 6.53 67 plays
- 5. Matthew Charles - Embodied (96kbps) 8.39 471 plays
- 6. Matthew Charles - Sideways (96kbps) 7.56 348 plays 123.0 BPM
- 7. Matthew Charles - Hmm (96Kbps) 6.35 45 plays
- 8. Matthew Charles - Wasn't (96Kbps) 6.07 39 plays
- 9. Matthew Charles - Trippin (96Kbps) 7.55 54 plays
- 10. Matthew Charles - WHo WHat WHere (96kbps) 9.05 168 plays
- 11. Matthew Charles - Turkish For Lunch (96kbps) 6.58 138 plays
- 12. Matthew Charles - Chin Olympics (96kbps) 7.43 182 plays
- 1. Matthew Charles Live From Cafe Mambo 18th Sept 2013 1.14.55 1116 plays
- 2. Nearly In The Spotlight mix 7th July 2013 1.21.08 720 plays 123.0 BPM
- 3. Cafe Mambo On Tour Mix Pacha London 22nd June 2013 1.01.03 1331 plays
- 4. Together with Nikhil Chinapa Guest Mix Broadcast 01 06 13 1.01.54 882 plays 122.0 BPM
Dubai Underground Music Movement (D.U.M.M) 11 tracks, 18.14.25 1matthewcharles on March 20, 2012 09:17
- 1. Classics DJ Set Recorded Live At Reade St Rooftop Party Dubai by The Revenge 2.26.24 7805 plays
- 2. Never Get Out The Boat! - Season 6 - Live Mix 02.05.14 - Sammi Adami by Sammi Adami 1.37.17 198 plays
- 3. Never Get Out The Boat! - Season 6 - Live Mix 18.04.14 - Sammi Adami by Sammi Adami 1.39.16 179 plays
- 4. Deeper Than Barry Whites Nutsack Mix by 1matthewcharles 1.26.40 1250 plays 120.0 BPM
- 5. Live Recording from Saturday Showcase @ 360 Dubai 23 02 13 by 1matthewcharles 1.43.19 832 plays 121.0 BPM
- 6. Never Get Out The Boat! Live 30/03/12 Rich Showell & Matthew Charles by 1matthewcharles 2.24.23 831 plays 124.0 BPM
- 7. Get D.U.M.M Vol.2 October 2011 mixed by Matthew Charles by 1matthewcharles 2.12.31 604 plays
- 8. Havin A Good Time August 2011 by 1matthewcharles 1.00.56 465 plays 124.0 BPM
- 9. Get D.U.M.M Vol.1 Part 1 November 2010 by 1matthewcharles 1.13.14 599 plays 123.0 BPM
- 10. Try A Little Harder Honey - September 2010 Mixed By Matthew Charles by 1matthewcharles 1.19.53 723 plays 125.0 BPM
- 11. Freshblood February 2010 Mixed By Matthew Charles by 1matthewcharles 1.10.26 772 plays
- 1. Matthew Charles - Metersample (Demo Mix) 5.48 256 plays 124.0 BPM
- 2. Matthew Charles & Gareth Whitehead - Better Than Yours (Demo Mix) 8.25 654 plays 123.0 BPM
- 3. Matthew Charles - Maschine (Demo Mix) 5.59 247 plays 121.0 BPM
- 4. Matthew Charles - Affect Or Effect (Demo Mix) 5.44 184 plays 124.0 BPM
As 2013 draws ever closer to an end Matthew Charles finds himself back in Dubai after cementing his reputation as one of Ibiza’s finest resident DJs thanks to his 3rd full season at the infamous Café Mambo. During a busy summer that saw him not only play twice weekly at the popular San Antonio venue but take in the UK, Germany and Estonia as part of the Mambo On Tour crew he has managed to fine tune his production techniques, which has already resulted in numerous conversations with high profile labels about some of the resulting tracks. As Matthew’s popularity increases in his base region of the Middle East so does the demand further afield so he now faces the juggling act of international DJ and Promoter.
Matthew Charles cut his musical teeth in his home city of Glasgow, holding down numerous residencies, including iconic venues The Tunnel and Archaos, while working for UK clubbing bible M8 Magazine. It was through the magazine that he had his first taste of working in Ibiza in 2001, when a four week sales trip turned into a season flyering and selling tickets for Godskithchen before moving on to work for Roger Sanchez’s Release Yourself party at El Divino, which included décor duty at Café Mambo and selling tickets outside Savannah. Having dabbled in the dance world and enjoyed a season working in Ibiza, it wasn’t until 2003, when Matthew moved to Dubai, that he decided to take up DJing professionally. In 2004 he won the Heineken Thirst competition, a global search for new talent, chosen by Paul Oakenfold and Daniel Davoli, playing alongside the two judges the following night to an audience of 3000. From this point Matthew’s stock rose dramatically, high profile residencies in Trilogy and 360 (both DJ Mag Top 100 clubs) followed along with numerous guest spots in the finest venues around the region.
During a chance conversation with Pete Gooding, then Café Mambo resident, at 360 in Dubai he learned of an opening on the Mabmo roster. Deciding immediately to go after the exclusive residency, he contacted friend and long time Ibiza connection, Charlie Chester, who made the introduction to Mambo owner Javier Anadon. As his guests were arriving in Dubai the week before his wedding, Matt passed them in the airport heading to Ibiza and a meeting with Javier in Villa Mercedes at the end of which he was offered the Mambo residency. In 2006 after his wedding, Matthew Charles returned to Ibiza and a season that saw him on a weekly basis play alongside the likes of Roger Sanchez, Erick Morillo, Pete Tong, Swedish House Mafia, Deep Dish, Master At Work, to name only a few. On his return to Dubai and through his residency at Trilogy Matthew continued to play alongside some of the finest DJs/ producers in the world as well as adding many more venues to his resume, including the likes of Chi Lodge, Blue Marlin Dubai, Nasimi Beach and Sandance Festival. Throughout the region Matthew regularly plays alongside the biggest names in electronic music, including the likes of Sasha, John Digweed, Steve Lawler, Nic Fanciulli, Booka Shade, Ame, Dixon, Henrik Schwarz, Yousef and Funkagenda.
However the last few years while Matthew has maintained his profile in the Middle East he has been working hard at developing the underground scene in Dubai. Along with a few like-minded friends, they have created the Dubai Underground Music Movement (D.U.M.M.) hosting parties in smaller, intimate venues and offering an increasing fan base a chance to hear quality underground music. One of their biggest successes is their boat party ‘Never Get Out The Boat’, one of the most popular in the region. Each and every sailing is always at capacity and gathers infamy along the way.
In 2012 even with everything happening in Dubai Matthew felt a pull back to the magic rock that is Ibiza and his decision has proved to be a smart one, capturing the ears and hearts of everyone who was lucky enough to catch a set this summer and last, Ibiza promises to play a major role in the future of Matthew Charles. Remember the name!
“When I play in Dubai I always request Matt Charles as my support DJ. He not only plays great music but is also a mature enough selector to know how to set the mood, build the vibe and set it up for me and more importantly the crowd. I can’t recommend him highly enough.”
“Its not often a warm up DJ understands the flow of a night these days. Matt manages to balance early set grooves with big room power and punch to get the dancefloor going. With skills like that I'm sure he'll go a long way.
“Matt did a great warm up for Way Out West in Dubai.”