comment at 0.00
SoundCloud is great for putting up sounds and sharing them across the web. Sharing is easy on SoundCloud, but sometimes you want a little more privacy, right?
Before You Start
SoundCloud is easy for the recipient, easy on the eye and let’s your music take center stage. And of course, we can also help you keep it private and secure.
Upload Your SoundYou can use the tips in our Upload 101 to get your sounds on SoundCloud.
Mark As ‘Private’This will make the sound completely private and secure. It won’t show up on your public SoundCloud page and can’t be searched for either. No one can get to the sound unless you have given them access.
Select who has AccessThere are 4 different ways that you can give people access to the sound or set that you just created.
- Add their email address(es)
- Add their SoundCloud username(s)
- Add a previously created Contact List
- Create a ‘secret link’ Once you have given someone access to the sound they will receive an email notification that you have shared the sound(s) with them. Inside the email there is a unique link that takes them directly to the sound page that you created on SoundCloud that includes all the information you added.
- For more information on sharing in general, please check out our basic sharing 101 that can be found in The Basics section of our 101's.
Does The Recepient Have To Sign Up?
Yes, and no. If the person you’re sending sounds to someone doesn’t already have an account then we automatically create them a temporary account and all they need to do is put in a password, known only to them.
The Secret LinkIf you want still want your sounds to be private but you don’t need this top level of security then you can use our ‘Secret Link’ feature. Click here for more info on the Secret Link.
The Secret WidgetPowered by the Secret Link, the Secret Widget lets you embed private sounds to any website, Facebook app, pretty much anywhere on the web! It's perfect for embedding exclusive tracks and sounds and means that the widget can't be shared by anyone other than who you've given access to. Click here for more info on the Secret Widget.