comment at 0.00
How To Set-Up Your New Account
So you've started a SoundCloud account? Great, below are a few tips to help you get the most out of your experience!
Before You StartWelcome Aboard! There are a few things you can learn to make sure you have a great time on the site. Take a minute to listen to the audio message below and then get started!
Connect With OthersYour Dashboard will be a pretty lonely place until you start following people or start getting activity on your sounds! Here are some ways to do that:
- If you know other people on SoundCloud, you can follow them by clicking the “Follow” button next to their name on the site, or the same button on their profile.
- You can also find your friends and people you might want to follow with the People Finder .
Navigate Your DashboardWhen you first log in and anytime you go to soundcloud.com/dashboard , you will see your Dashboard. By default it shows you new sounds shared to you and from people you follow, new activity on your sounds, actions from people you follow as well as conversations. You can customize your Dashboard settings in the top left corner by clicking the pencil icon.
Create Your SoundsWhen you're ready to add some of your sounds to the cloud, you have options.
- If you've got sounds already recorded, you can upload them right away by hitting the "Upload and Share" button at the top of the page. To learn more about general uploading visit our 101.
Share Your Sounds
- If you're not quite ready to share your sounds yet, you can always make them private to keep them to yourself or share with a small group of people.
- If you want to send them out to the world, then make sure your account is connected with other social networks. You can learn more about general sharing over at our Basic Sharing 101 .
Check Out Our App Gallery!Browse the App Gallery for over a hundred apps for mobile, desktop and web all built to amplify your SoundCloud experience.You can choose from our apps including SoundCloud for iPhone , Desktop or Android .
A Sound Community: Stay Connected SociallyWe love our community and we are lucky to have an extraordinary group of members who stay active via our various social networks! We would love you to join in on the conversation. To get involved - Check out our blog , follow the SoundCloud Community Team profile, find us on Facebook , connect with us on Twitter and catch up with our daily activity on Tumblr .
For more information about how to get the most out of your SoundCloud experience, please check out the rest of our helpful 101's
Learn what SoundCloud 101's are !